The success of any company depends on its people. And the ability of your workforce to perform at a high level consistently is supported by a positive workplace environment. The B.Komplete Corporate Wellness Programs drive positivity, inclusion, and solutions for each company we work with. The introduction of our Wellness Program has been successful and our results are beneficial for both the employee and the employer. Our Wellness Program takes a holistic approach to wellness, and focuses on the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of the employees we service.
What is a Corporate Wellness Program?
Wellness is no longer a consideration solely for the self-funded company, but instead the solution sought out by all businesses, self-funded and fully insured. As defined by the Center for Disease Control “workplace health programs are a coordinated and comprehensive set of health promotion and protection strategies implemented at the worksite that include programs, policies, benefits, environmental supports, and links to the surrounding community, designed to encourage the health and safety of all employees.” A diverse range of benefits are offered under the label “workplace wellness,” from multi-component programs to single interventions, and benefits can be offered by employers directly, through a vendor, group health plans, or a combination of both. It is no secret that health care costs have ranked among the top concerns of employers for more than the last decade. There is good reason for this concern – health care costs have outpaced inflation for years, and employers often bear the brunt of these costs. Read more about on blog on “How to Select the Best Corporate Wellness Program for Your Company.”
If led and monitored correctly, a wellness program can not only save your company money, but can turn into an educational, social, and supportive addition to the workplace environment and culture.
The Top 5 Reasons Corporate Wellness Will Work for Your Company
- Driving Sustainable Behavior Change: Unhealthy behaviors lead to health risks and conditions, which ultimately leads to increased health care costs. A well-done, on-going corporate wellness program will identify unhealthy behaviors and help the group and individuals adopt and improve their behaviors and actions. There will be follow-up, goal setting, customized solutions, and coaching along the way.
- Reduction of Health Care Costs: One of the biggest reasons for a corporate wellness program is the reduction of health care costs. This does depend on the effectiveness of the program, and if done right, the savings from the participation in the program will be much greater than the actual cost of the program. A positive ROI (return on investment) means a far more productive and much happier workplace.
- Increased Worker Productivity: Poor Productivity at work, also known as “presenteeism,” means being at work physically, but not working efficiently. Interestingly, the cost of presenteeism is much higher than absenteeism. From numerous smoking breaks to distraction about health concerns, poor employee productivity has a negative impact on the business productivity and workplace culture. A well-done corporate wellness program can focus on improving this metric.
- Improve Employee Retention: For businesses to thrive in today’s economy, finding and retaining the best employees is important. Benefits play a large role in employee retention, and employees want benefits personalized to their needs. The cost of losing an employee can be high; Some studies (such as SHRM) predict that every time a business replaces a salaried employee, it costs 6 to 9 months’ salary on average. For a manager making $40,000 a year, that’s $20,000 to $30,000 in recruiting and training expenses. Many employees love their corporate wellness programs and teams leading the events. An excellent benefit to provide for your workforce are having ongoing wellness events – cooking demonstrations, office yoga, chair massage, coaching and more.
- Improving Workplace Culture: Holistic wellness programs that inspire mindfulness, stress management, health and vitality in the participants yields a happy group of people – thus corporate culture will be improved. When employers truly value their workforce, they acknowledge the importance of physical, mental and emotional health. A corporate wellness program should offer a variety of solutions to best meet the needs of each employee population, and inspire improvements in workplace culture.
Whichever reason speaks to you – from reducing healthcare costs to improving company morale, the benefits of a wellness program are countless. Here at B.Komplete we focus strongly on meeting and exceeding the needs of our Clients, and driving healthy and sustainable improvements in the employee population. For more on corporate wellness please visit information about our programs. To schedule a complimentary consultation call to discuss a corporate wellness program for your group, please email us at email@example.com.