We all know the cycle – as the weather heats up, our motivation increases to get or maintain a toned physique. Often times this means giving up some of the foods we really enjoy to eat. However, these desires don’t need to be mutually exclusive – you can get or maintain a toned physique AND eat food that you enjoy! Try one of our favorite creamy, dreamy recipes that are both delicious and nutritious.
B.Komplete Ranch Dip
Perfect for a vegetable dip, and used on sandwiches, fish, meat, baked potatoes and whole grain pasta. Thin it out with a splash of water and you have made your own salad dressing!
Makes 8 – 2 Tablespoon Servings
- 2 Cups siggis Plain Yogurt (Fat-Free)
- 2/3 Cup Light Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Dill Weed
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until well blended.
- Consume immediately or refrigerate (will keep covered, in refrigeration up to 3 days).
B.Komplete Cheesecake Pudding
Makes 6 – ½ Cup Servings
- 1 (8 oz.) Packages of Low-Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) package of Fat-Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Siggis Plain Yogurt (Fat-Free)
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
Allow the cream cheese to soften in room temperature (about 30 – 60 minutes). When the cream cheese has softened, combine in a medium bowl with all other ingredients. Mix well.
Consume immediately for a creamy treat, or refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours for a more firm texture. Enjoy with fresh fruit, or add a pinch of lemon zest.
If you haven’t tried siggis yet – get up and immediately go buy it! The Icelandic “Skyr” is a thick and creamy yogurt that is high in protein and has a great flavor. Siggis is B.Komplete Approved because the flavored varieties are still lower in added sugar. Its the perfect breakfast or snack to take with you during the summer! The B.Komplete Dietitian Team uses siggis in a variety of our Corporate Wellness Cooking Demonstrations. We love siggis, and we know that you will too.