B. Komplete Millet Pilaf
Looking for a healthier version of a comfort dish? The Ancient Grain Millet is perfect to use in place of any simple carbohydrate (white rice, bread or pasta). Millet will take on the flavors that you add. Try out this B.Komplete Savory Millet Stuffing recipe:
Makes 6-8 Servings
Cook Time: ~30 minutes
- 1 TBSP Buttery Spread (Smart Balance)
- 1/2 Medium White Onion, Diced
- 1 Medium Sweet Bell Pepper, Diced
- 2 Celery Stalks, Diced
- 2 CUPS Millet, Uncooked
- 4.4 CUPS Low Sodium Broth (Veg or Chicken)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the buttery spread, allow to melt and coat the pan.
- Add the vegetables and the uncooked millet, and coat in the melted spread. Allow to lightly brown. Add the bay leaves.
- Gradually add the broth, 0.5 cups at a time. Allow to absorb, stir, then add more broth.