Who doesn’t like chocolate? When you can get veggies and fruit added to your day while eating chocolate… its the perfect culinary marriage! In honor of Valentines Day why not make this delicious chocolate vinaigrette for your sweet-heart. This tasty vinaigrette is an excellent sweet and savory topping for salad. It can also be used to dip berries in for a sweet and savory appetizer. If you love chocolate, or even just like it, this recipe is sure to please.
B. Komplete Chocolate Vinaigrette over Salad
Makes 6 Servings
- 6 Cups Baby Spinach and Mixed Greens
- 1 ½ Cups Sliced, Fresh Strawberries
- ½ Cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Slivered Almonds
- 2 Ounces of Bitter Sweet Chocolate Chopped (66%)
- 5 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ⅛ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅛ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ⅛ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Combine cayenne pepper, black pepper, sea salt and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Melt chocolate by heating in microwave in ten-second intervals (stir chocolate between heating sessions) until there are no visible lumps. Caution* DO NOT OVERHEAT CHOCOLATE.
- Fold chocolate into the olive oil/balsamic mixture stirring vigorously to combine.
- Add dry ingredients and whisk until blended.
- Pour over salad greens and enjoy!
B.Komplete Cheesecake Pudding
Makes 6 – ½ Cup Servings
- 1 (8 oz.) Packages of Low-Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) package of Fat-Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Siggis Plain Yogurt (Fat-Free)
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
Allow the cream cheese to soften in room temperature (about 30 – 60 minutes). When the cream cheese has softened, combine in a medium bowl with all other ingredients. Mix well.
Consume immediately for a creamy treat, or refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours for a more firm texture. Enjoy with fresh fruit, or add a pinch of lemon zest.
If you haven’t tried siggis yet – get up and immediately go buy it! The Icelandic “Skyr” is a thick and creamy yogurt that is high in protein and has a great flavor. Siggis is B.Komplete Approved because the flavored varieties are still lower in added sugar. Its the perfect breakfast or snack to take with you during the summer! The B.Komplete Dietitian Team uses siggis in a variety of our Corporate Wellness Cooking Demonstrations. We love siggis, and we know that you will too.