How to Use Herbs & Spices for Heart Health
We are back for our second edition of our ‘explore the store’ series in our quest to teach consumers the most nutritious and delicious ways to enjoy food products!
Our focus in February is on Herbs & Spices for Heart Health. Did you know…
- Garlic helps keep your heart healthy by lowering cholesterol and blood pressure. Fresh is the best, however if you don’t have fresh use dried garlic to season your meals. Garlic pairs well with numerous cuisines.
- Oregano is an antioxidant super-power providing more than apples, potato, oranges, and even blueberries! Season your fish, poultry, whole grains, vegetables, and salad dressings with this herb.
- Turmeric can help to reduce inflammation. Use this savory spice with poultry, meat, eggs, vegetables and event tea.
- Chipotle spice is your go-to when you want a smoky and spicy flavor. Providing health benefit and awesome flavor, use chipotle with fish, poultry, meat, eggs, potato, whole grains and in dips and rubs.
- To flavor simple white fish combine lemon with thyme, parley, ground pepper and a dash of sea salt OR combine garlic, onion and chipotle powders.
We will be back next month exploring the Snack Aisle.